Ubuntu Studio Artwork

C. F. Howlett seattlechaz at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 09:39:27 UTC 2013

A few random thoughts:

It seems to me that a new "official" theme should be introduced with each
LTS release.  Where/how this theme is developed is not so important as is a
consistent look, feel and functionality with all UbuntuStudio parts.
Perhaps alternate introducing dark and light themes for each release?

Wallpapers: I'm surprised and disappointed that more community
contributions haven't been adopted ... or perhaps I missed the invitation
to participate?  At any rate, perhaps a contest?

Can/would/should the XFCE team or community be willing to contribute to US
artwork in some fashion?

Finally if the goal is to generate community involvement, introductory
tutorials on DIY xfce themes and the various US tools graphic tools would
seem a welcome addition to the official US "Welcome New User!"
introduction.
Oh, and has Desktop Publishing really been abandoned as an Ubuntu Studio
component?  No Scribus, no font manager ... just askin'.

Message: 2