Wallpaper Design

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Wed Mar 13 16:58:32 UTC 2013

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 12:15:50 +0100, Shubham Mishra
<mishrashubham2007 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Guess I was a bit late on the scene. I had some fun creating a
> wallpaper, inspired by Chinese patterns. Attached is a PNG (I don't know
> how but the image ended up four pixels short of the required width, but
> I hope that's ok :P), the final SVG, and also the SVG of the artboard
> (named WIP, although it's mess with everything lying around).
>
> All suggestions are welcome. :D
> I personally like the way it is asymmetic, but that can be changed.
>
> Everything used in the wallpaper is made by me (in Inkscape and Krita;
> also my own paper texture) except the ubuntu studio logo which I took
> from the official site.
>
> Note : I haven't licensed anything yet, since I don't know what you guys
> use, and also partly because changes could be made.

Looks like great stuff to me! A fresh take on future design ideas perhaps?

As for being late, well, it's actually we the developers who are late
announcing the need of a new wallpaper. And we haven't really discussed
how we should go about choosing one yet. I'll start a new thread on that
subject.