Ubuntu Studio artwork for next release - wallpapers, and Carbon Theme

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Mar 8 22:10:22 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-03-08 at 22:08 +0100, Kaj Ailomaa wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Mar 2013 18:35:37 +0100, ttoine <ttoine at ttoine.net> wrote:
>
>         Kaj,
>

>         Maybe you should have a look at http://xfce-look.org/ and
>         choose a nice theme. It will save time, and yours is
>         precious ;-)
>

> Absolutely. It would be a good way to find someone who is already
> doing something we like, and suggest we use a theme specifically for
> Ubuntu Studio.
> But, again, and I can only talk for myself, I'm not in a hurry to
> change the XFCE theme. I do think it's important we find wallpapers
> for this particular release.
>

> Actually, many Ubuntu Studio wallpapers already exist out there, if
> one wants to find them. And i shall try looking some up.

One or two weeks ago I couldn't find something really new. There are a
lot of themes that are already good, just need some changes to fit to my
taste. As a basic I like the Zen themes, but e.g. Zen-nigra and
Zen-nokto make Evolution's "unread/total field" unreadable. The bad with
selecting themes for XFCE is, that if we switch between different
themes, we get broken results, e.g. something that should be white by
the theme, could become black, e.g. if you switch between light and dark
Zen themes.