New XFCE apps

lukefromdc at hushmail.com lukefromdc at hushmail.com
Mon Mar 4 15:29:36 UTC 2013

I have found that the GNOME tool for controlling xrandr works fine in
gnome-shell, cinnamon, and icewm. In fact, when driver bugs in the
xorg-edgers versions of the open source drivers made trouble on the
activation of the second monitor, switching to icewm to change
monitors, then back, was the workaround.

It would seem to me that this tool should work in most DE's. The Arandr
tool, by comparison, was a total bugfest when I tried it last year.

Is there anything in XFCE preventing the use of the gnome-control-center
tool for monitors?