New XFCE apps

ttoine ttoine at ttoine.net
Mon Mar 4 08:44:49 UTC 2013

Len,

I use a dual screen with Unity, and the setup is saved accross restart. At
loging, the mouse pointer is between the two screens. You can choose which
one is the main by moving the move to right or left screen. The top panel
is on both screens.

At office, I use a dual screen with a win7 laptop. They are top aligned and
it is ok. Maybe could you explain why it is better when bottom aligned ?

Think that most of the dual screen setups can be done using a restricted
driver. I checked different ways, the nVidia is the more complete and easy
to use for this purpose. AMD is harder to setup. And of course, Intel
depend of the default Unity of Xfce tool, so it is the more limitated.

Maybe the good way would be have the possibility to save differents setups,
like in network manager. And then, if possible, detect wich one is the
good, or let the user choose.

Toine

Antoine THOMAS
Tél: 0663137906