About DE metas

Len Ovens len at scott.cbbs.org
Mon Jun 24 22:54:27 UTC 2013

On Mon, 24 Jun 2013, Kaj Ailomaa wrote:

> I've been terribly busy lately, so haven't yet had the chance to do
> anything about DE metas. Either at the end of this week or the next,
> I'll have the time to start working on them.
>
> What we need is simply to decide how we enable the metas, and then do
> it.
>
> At this point, I'm suspecting we need a desktop meta and a default
> settings package for each DE.

If each de has it's own session, they can co-exist. The only thing I am
not sure about is if we would have ghost sessions if they were predefined.
If that is the case then yes -settings per de. to bad we can't combine the
meta with settings... well we could actually, I just don't know if it is a
good idea. Basically a settings package with lots of depends equals a meta
with settings.

Len