A dynamic range meter - tool for audio mastering and measurment

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Thu Jun 20 01:49:06 UTC 2013

On Wed, June 19, 2013 5:28 am, Tobiasz Karoñ wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've been looking for something like this for a while, and here it is - a
> dynamic range meter!
> It's a CLI program written in Python:
>
> https://github.com/simon-r/dr14_t.meter
>
> The application meets the guidlines laid out by
> http://www.dynamicrange.de/ and
> matches their TT meter's results.
>
> For me this tool seems like a must-have in a multimedia production distro
> :)
>
> Please take a look.

The path to get this into ubuntustudio is not so easy.

Step one) get it packaged and into the debian repos
Step two) Get ubuntu to sync into the ubuntu repos
Step three) Let one of us know who can add it to our seeds make a merge to
our seeds and set a merge request.

So finding someone to help you do step one in debian multimedia would be a
great first step. The licence looks fine (gpl3). If you find it is already
in debian repos, we can ask for a sync. Personally, I already have enough
to do... and am not ready to learn about getting things into the debian
repos :)

www.OvenWerks.net