Youtube channel created for Ubuntu Studio - contributors needed to submit tutorials

lukefromdc at hushmail.com lukefromdc at hushmail.com
Wed Jun 5 17:51:24 UTC 2013

About backing music: Google scans all videos uploaded to Youtube for backing
music for the RIAA and publishers. They then offer the copythugs the options to
silence soundtracks, put ads on the videos, track users, or do nothing. There is
no legal requirement for them to do this, as the "safe harbor" provisions of the
DCMA state that 3ed party webhosts need only remove content after getting
formal notice to be totally shielded from lawsuits. Google probably feared their
size would lead the US Congress to change that law.

This was the original reason I left Youtube for Liveleak. Since then the new Google
TOS came along to permit browser fingerprinting (added words "or device information")
so now I won't even connect to any Google server except via Torbrowser, which is
designed (via Torbutton) to resist fingerprinting attacks as well as obfuscate the IP
address.

I understand few here face the security issues I do, but if you use music on Google
you risk losing the entire sountrack. Also users of this channel might have issues
forming Youtube/Gmail accounts of their own as Google's tracking will show them
as already adminsistering and logging into one account-and Google has a "real names"
policy and tries to flag multiple accounts held by any one user.