Video players

Hartmut Noack zettberlin at linuxuse.de
Wed Jun 5 15:45:04 UTC 2013

Am 05.06.2013 16:11, schrieb Len Ovens:

> On Wed, June 5, 2013 2:34 am, edmund wrote:
>> On Wed, 05 Jun 2013 01:21:19 +0200
>> Hartmut Noack <zettberlin at linuxuse.de> wrote:

>>> Of course I have recorded in these samplerates also and in very few
>>> cases it really makes a difference. Most notably to me was, that Alsa
>>> Modular Synths sounds quite different at 96KHz.
>
> That is possible... but, the audio in and out of a computer even at 96Khz
> is still limited to just over 20kHz. The differences you are hearing may
> be as a result of the math at higher frequencies affecting what ends up in
> the 20-20kHz passband.

Thats what I suspect also. Zynadd does sound a bit different also at
higher rates and mst interesting:

1: Play some notes with AMS and record it at 96KHz
2: Do the same at 48KHz and compare: they will sound different.
3: now resample both recordings to 44.1/16 and compare again: they will
still sound different

Looks, like the samplerate of the recording does not cause the audible
difference. The samplerate of the PCM-stream AMS is working with does.