Contributors needed to define our workflows

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Tue Jun 4 23:01:42 UTC 2013

We need people who can investigate our different workflows, and make
sure we are including the appropriate applications for each workflow.

The workflows are:

 * audio
 * graphics
 * video
 * photography
 * publishing
 * desktop (generic tools for standard desktop use)

There's currently no strict method on how to do this, but here are some
rules we try to abide by:

 * for each use case, include only one application (there may be reasons
 to make exceptions in some cases)
 * don't include applications of your personal preference, when given a
 choice. Choose the one that is most popular (if most users use A, they
 won't be used to the B interface).

This particular task of defining our workflows really doesn't require
any skills at all, other than user skills. The more experienced you are
as a user the better. Though, of course, we need our workflows to work
for everyone, not just one group of people.

I'm going to try to fish for contributors on our social sites later as
well for this. If you know anyone that might be interested in this,
don't hesitate to pass this along.