Video players

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Tue Jun 4 22:46:54 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013, at 12:40 AM, Kaj Ailomaa wrote:
> What would a live user require from a video player?
>
> - It should be able to play as many formats as possible, naturally.
> - streaming over network?
> - what else?
>
> I don't use video players myself much for else than playing simple video
> files, so I'm not an expert on this subject.
>
> We would have use for people overlooking our different workflows, and
> see if we are fulfilling as many needs for those workflows as possible
> with our default applications.
>
> - audio
> - graphics
> - video
> - photography
> - publishing
>
> I suppose we should also include this as a workflow, as it's a generic
> one that all users have use for, but doesn't necessarily fall withing
> the other ones.
> - desktop
>
> To solve the problem with the video player, perhaps someone would like
> to take a deeper look at what we are enabling, as far as "video" and
> "desktop" workflows are concerned. Preferably someone who has video as
> their main interest, or at least as a strong interest.

We probably need to include two video players. One generic consumer
grade player, which would be a part of our "desktop" workflow, and a pro
"video" workflow player.
If one could be used for both, that would be fine. I still think both
metas should depend on a video player that matches the need for that
workflow.
So, basically, we need two players, even if both end up being the same
one.