[ubuntu-studio-devel] Daily build - Calculator and other annoyances

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Jul 31 23:07:56 UTC 2013

Hi,

using the English language with a German keyboard makes the default
calculator quite useless, since the num pad can't be used, regarding to
the ".", that on a German keyboard is a ",". I recommend to use
"galculator", since it automatically takes care about this issue. You
anyway should avoid broken GNOME stuff. The fist thing I did after
booting the live version, was removing gvfs, to avoid that it will kill
my external drive, but I'm aware that you never ever will remove it from
the distro's default packages. However, IMO switching to "galculator" or
any other calculator that is smart enough to handle the num pad issue,
is something you might like too.

The drives shouldn't be by default on the desktop, especially not when
gvfs is installed ;). My desktop was swamped with drive icons.

Regards,
Ralf