new default theme

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Mon Jul 22 16:30:25 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013, at 03:32 PM, Len Ovens wrote:

> In order for us to even think about using a theme as default, it must be
> in the standard Ubuntu repos.

No, I don't agree fully on this.

It is quite fine to propose themes here. The problem we have currently
is that we don't have a good organization for choosing artwork. Our
artwork lead is abscent for a while further.

I think, realistically, that not much will happen in the art department
until 14.04. We'll at least change the wallpaper for 13.10.

If it has faults, but otherwise is liked by whatever function within
Ubuntu Studio that choose artwork in the future, the decision may be to
improve it, change coloring, etc, and give it a new name - as long as
the license allows it of course.
So, this is a suggestion as good as any, I think, but it won't see much
attention for a good while probably. That's the current situation.