Disabling pulseaudio

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Jul 9 14:24:58 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-07-09 at 06:37 -0700, Len Ovens wrote:
> Quite honestly, Linux audio is still pretty messy.

Unfortunately this is true :(. But a lot of this mess is caused by our
community. 1. Why not working on one sound server that is useful for all
tasks instead of working on a new sound server again and again? 2. When
reporting bugs people shouldn't be called names, e.g. when I reported
the issues I get with my RME HDSPe AIO. The AIO doesn't work correctly
here, when I warned somebody _not_ to buy this card the coder of the
driver not only called me names, but also discredited me. Another
ignorant coder is responsible for pulseaudio, I never had issues with
this man, since I don't use it and don't report pulseaudio bugs.