[ubuntu-studio-devel] Help needed.

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Tue Aug 6 14:52:54 UTC 2013

Are you looking for something to do to help? It has been brought to my
attention that almost all of our ubuntustudio packages are out of date
and/or not really as they should be in other ways.

All of our packages have a debian/copyright file. This file should be
machine readable ( see:
http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/ ) and
none of ours are.

All of our packages have a debian/control file. Some of the depends are
for old versions and could be made more current as well. The packages were
created with what was current at the time but have not been updated.
debhelper version is a good example. Some of our packages point to DH
version 5 or maybe older and the current version is 9.*. This needs to be
fixed. A general look though this file for other odd things would be good
too.

For those new to packaging/development work, you would need to have a
launchpad account and create pgp and ssh keys for it (
https://help.launchpad.net/YourAccount ). Install bzr and you should have
all you need to start. branch one of our packages to your local machine
and you can make changes there. one at a time with with commits in
between. Then upload to your own launchpad page. We can merge from there.

I have just started not too long ago and found the best way to learn is do
and make mistakes. ask questions :)

www.OvenWerks.net