dual displays and battery life

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Sat Sep 29 19:16:35 UTC 2012

On Fri, September 28, 2012 10:28 am, Melvin Ray Herr wrote:
> Just letting you know that the stock kernel does make a big difference in
> battery life. Also, the steps you outlined to make multi monitor settings
> stick works as well. I'm quite pleased!!

I am glad you have multi-monitors working well. I have finally started to
do some recording and would love to have another monitor (or two) in my
set up. However, I can't right now.

My testing of kernel vs. battery life did not go so well, it seems my
battery really is loosing capacity. I guess it is older than I thought (2
years +) or maybe not as good quality as others. My wife's battery seems
to still have a lot more life than mine does and is pretty close to the
same age (within 3 months). So it seems to depend on the HW how much
difference the kernel makes on battery life.

Thank you for testing battery life of the two kernels.

www.OvenWerks.net