[testcases] Creation of Ubuntu Studio specific testcase

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Sat Sep 29 16:46:26 UTC 2012

On Sat, September 29, 2012 7:43 am, Ho Wan Chan wrote:
> BTW the next thing I am going to do is an upgrade testcase. If you look at
> the ISO QA Tracker we don't actually HAVE a upgrade testcase. So I think
> we
> can make one for that:P

We already have too many test cases... I don't think we need to
differentiate different partitioning types. I don't think it matters if it
is a whole disk, partition resize or manual as these things are well
tested in vanilla and not different in any way for Studio from vanilla. If
they are separated for record keeping as one of three (or more) But not
all three tests mandatory. We just don't have the people to test these
things and that part of things is _no_different_ than vanilla. All that
matters is that there was a successful install. So if there is going to be
an upgrade case, (means two installs as far as I can tell, 12.04 then
upgrade) then some of these others need to go. Personally, for our
purposes we do not need to test the resize option at all and as we are
most likely doing it on a machine we use for other things too, the manual
partitioning option is the safest IMO. and should be the only test case we
worry about.

So at most we should have live, install and upgrade test cases. Whatever
the partitioning style used the install partition should be formated. I
think that was why we were using the whole disk option before. If the disk
is not going to be formated then it is an upgrade.

I've given up on using Thunar as the default FM. tumblerd seems to hang or
quit on mounting USB sticks and I have to kill it so I can dismount the
stick. Nautilus works fine.

www.OvenWerks.net