[testcases] Creation of Ubuntu Studio specific testcase

Ho Wan Chan smartboyhw at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 07:36:20 UTC 2012

Hello to all developers and testers.

I was assigned in https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/QuantalTestcaseUpdates (er
actually balloons a.k.a. Nicholas Skaggs tapped me to do...) to create a
specific testcase for Ubuntu Studio. That was also discussed between ailo
and me few days ago.

I hope to get it done at least before Release Candidate  (one week before
Final Release) since that the period in between RC and Final Release are
the most important time to test the builds. (There is no deadline don´t
worry)

I think it will be a better idea to just let people who want to help with
the testcase to edit the testcase in a wiki. So I created a wiki page
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/QuantalTestcaseUpdates/UbuntuStudioTestcase to
let you all edit it.

Actually it is the steps after installation is more important, so you can
think about what we can add, e.g. audio testing, hardware testing...

You may have a look at
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/219/builds/23726/testcases/1434/results
 and
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/219/builds/23726/testcases/1433/results
and
look at the examples.

After a certain time and after the team thinks the testcase is good I´ll go
and add the testcases into the ISO QA Tracker to let everybody to start
using the testcases. :)

Feel free to help us:)

Ping me in #ubuntustudio-devel or #ubuntu-testing to find help.:) (My nick:
smartboyhw)

Regards,
Howard Chan (smartboyhw)

Remark 1: In https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/QuantalTestcaseUpdates you may
be wondering what is the Migrate Ubuntu Studio item in the Beta 2 thing.
Indeed when you now go to ISO QA Tracker you will see the Ubuntu Studio
testsuites having 4 testcases instead of 2. balloons requested that, so not
my choice...

Remark 2: len-dt, ailo please help more since you know more about audio
than I do:)