Why LMMS is not in 12.04?

Mike Holstein mikeh789 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 13:30:05 UTC 2012

On Sep 11, 2012 5:16 AM, "Tobiasz Karoń" <unfa00 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I wonder why was LMMS dropped from the basic package. I consider it to be
one of the most useful production tools in my studio :)

There is not room for everything, so some things will not be included by
default. lmms should be easy to install using the package manager of your
choice. Several users were having issues with lmms being stable with jack.
When I had last used it (somewhere around 9.10/10.04) it would crash jack
or using it with jack would cause lmms to crash. I also though the look and
feel made it seem more like a "toy" than a professional audio production
tool. If it were going to be included, there would need to be community
members testing and reporting upstream, and helping to resolve these issues.