LMMS

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Sun Oct 14 22:16:34 UTC 2012

On Sun, October 14, 2012 2:44 pm, ttoine wrote:
> Eric,
>
> But is there a "fully open and free software" that can used instead of
> LMMS ?

I think the licensing issues are wine related. The fonts in particular But
they are not depends so we may be able to just not install them and still
run LMMS. But, the amd64 version of LMMS does not have VST support (or
need wine) so we would be supporting two different versions, a full 32 bit
and a less full 64bit. Anyone trying to help someone with LMMS who has the
32 bit version would frustrate the 64bit user. (the kxstudio versions have
the same problem BTW) I am beginning to understand why LMMS has not been
included in the distro...

www.OvenWerks.net