Plymouth text version

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Sun Nov 11 15:41:02 UTC 2012

On Sun, November 11, 2012 7:13 am, Ho Wan Chan wrote:
> Maybe then we should just completely abolish the theme....But is that
> possible?

> 2012/11/11 Kaj Ailomaa <zequence at mousike.me>
>

>> Since we hardly have time to see it (which is a shame cause it's very
>> nice
>> looking), I barely see the point in having it in the first place.
>> I don't think we need to display the version number.

Yes it is possible to not install plymouth. The machine can be set up to
show logging or not in that case. The boot image maybe able to be made
persistent. That is it may be possible to get grub to leave some
background up.... but as soon as the video card does anything that would
be lost (like when the kernel loads the driver) The one time plymouth does
run for a while is when booting from the ISO in the case of the live boot.
It does let the user know something is happening.

www.OvenWerks.net