Menu icons running wild - US Quantal amd64

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Thu Nov 1 21:20:47 UTC 2012

On Thu, November 1, 2012 10:19 am, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Some menu icons sometimes are running wild.
> http://picpaste.com/Screenshot_-_11012012_-_05_55_20_PM-VEgJfdDB.png
> The screenshot will expire in one week.
>
> It's just for a few icons, not a serious issue.

If you want the menu back to stock... remove the
.config/menus/xfce-applications.menu

You can start over again from there. I personally didn't have any problem
with changing the menu, but I didn't try everything... I don't know if it
supports menu item placement/layout or just puts things in alphabetical
order. I would expect you can change the layout by hand editing the above
file though. Just look for examples in the system file:
/etc/xdg/xdg-ubuntustudio/menus/xfce-applications.menu

I would suggest against changing the system file, but if you do, back up
the stock one first!

The oversized icon is a surprise. I thought I had tried files with 48x48
pngs without them doing that. The size it wants in the end is 24x24. Maybe
save a copy at that size and point at it. I don't know why the ALSA
package uses the generic alsamixer icon for all mixers even though there
are specific ones available.

www.OvenWerks.net