Improving OOTB performance

Сергей Давыдов shnatsel at gmail.com
Tue May 22 07:31:48 UTC 2012

> Yikes!! ulatencyd takes effect as soon as installed. Start qjackctl ok,
> hit the start button on qjackctl... takes a long time do anything, lots of
> error messages and the a fial box comes up.... but, I find my keyboard and
> mouse are non-resposive. The computer on/off switch still brings up the
> logoff/reboot/halt dialog though. Hard reset. Remove ulatencyd... all ok.
>
> There is probably some setup needed somewhere. On the other hand,
> swappiness 0, just works.

Whoa, sounds like a bug. Please report at
https://github.com/poelzi/ulatencyd/issues

Also, Debian package has memory and swap management disabled by
default, it's done via Debian-specific patch. Try enabling that and
see if it works. Also, I don't think it has any rules for qjackctl
OOTB, so you probably won't notice any difference.

--
Sergey "Shnatsel" Davidoff