UDS Developments

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Tue May 8 21:16:08 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 8, 2012 8:37 am, Scott Lavender wrote:

> Secondly, I hope to talk to some of the JuJu [0] people about the
> possibility that JuJu might help with Studio in any way.  My poor
> explanation is that JuJu is a simplified way to deploy and manage web
> applications in a scalable manner.  My hope is that we might find a way to
> help with automating application startup, settings, and connections (if
> applicable) for various work flows, not just audio.

Looked at the juju page.. a whole different language. Really hard to
figure out what they are trying to say. While it is scalable on a network,
it did not sound like it would scale down to single machine stuff so easy.
But then I know next to nothing about it. You may see its possibilities
better though, having met with some of the people. The web page is hard
for me to follow because there are so many words with no meaning.

> Lastly, I hope to also talk with Gema [1], who is leading QA and automated
> testing I believe, about deploying automated testing for Studio.  My hope
> is to again, reduce the number of manual tasks we perform in order to
> support Studio.

That would be nice. That would mean we could spend more time testing
things that are hard to automate.

www.OvenWerks.net