State of Jack as a full pulsaudio replacement

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at
Fri May 4 23:16:17 UTC 2012

There's absolutely no chance. Pulseaudio won't get the boot. We just can
hope, that we won't get more idiotic dependencies to pulseaudio.

Imagine if all the manpower that is wasted to get pulseaudio, a sound
server that doesn't do it's job, would have put to Jack instead.

Each day professional audio engineers are working with Jack. If there
should be an issue with Jack they will notice soon.

There's no day I doesn't receive a mail about issues with pulseaudio,
while issues with Jack are seldom.

Some Linux today call the package management "app store" ;).