bugs and remaining dev for ubuntu studio 12.04

Scott Lavender scottalavender at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 17:44:08 UTC 2012

hello everyone,

i'd like to list the recent bugs and discuss which ones we feel we
need to address in the remaining time for the precise release cycle.

* bug #963498 - menu is not ubuntu studio menu [0]
* bug #925257 - pulse/jack not bridging [1]
* bug #964931 - plymouth text screen says ubuntu not ubuntu studio [2]
* bug #956438 - qjackctl unable to stop jack via dbus [3]
* bug #946591 - add ubuntustudio-live-settings to repository [4]
* not filed yet - change mixer plugin backend
* not filed yet - graphical partition confirmation uses xfce logo
during installation

are there any that i have missed that should be discussed for the
remainder of 12.04?

which ones are suggested that we should work on for 12.04?  keep in
mind that we are at the end of the cycle.

i think the menu bug (963498) is an important one.  and given
feedback, i would like to address the mixer plugin bug (not filed yet)
as well.

the ubuntustudio-live-settings bug (946591) doesn't seemed to be
"fix-released" and i wonder what impact that is having.  my memory was
that this had to do with the ubiquity plugin.

lastly, is the pulse/jack bug (925257) still a bug?  should we mark as
"incomplete" or otherwise adjust the report?

let's discuss these please.

scottl

[0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntustudio-default-settings/+bug/963498
[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/925257