Another idea for comments

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Mon Jul 30 17:31:46 UTC 2012

On Mon, July 30, 2012 8:37 am, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> I didn't follow this thread. Is there a list with the available
> meta-packages and the included files somewhere available. I suspect this
> thread is about Quantal. FWIW I'll stay at Precise, since it's a LTS.
>
> Much used by Linux folks is Chromium, I guess it's not an option for
> Ubuntu Studio. However, most people from Linux and Windows know Firefox.

synaptic with a search for ubuntustudio will give a list of our metas. The
main ones are recording, graphics and video. Publishing and photgraphy are
committed too, but would not be available for the LTS. These are usable
right now for those who wish to add one to another ubuntu flavour. These
would be the options that were available while installing the alternate
dvd ubuntustudio used to ship. We have (for now) lost this flexability.

Chromium is not a non-option.

www.OvenWerks.net