colour selection app

Eric Hedekar afterthebeep at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 13:58:23 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 4:15 PM, Len Ovens <len at ovenwerks.net> wrote:

> Not sure what happened. Anyway, I have added a Publishing submenu. It has
> Scribus, font-manager and fontforge in it. You also said something about a
> colour chooser. I am a bit lost as to what to do for this so it has not
> been included as yet. If you have some suggestions, I would be happy to
> hear about them.
>

> --
> Len Ovens
> www.OvenWerks.net

Currently there are two "color management systems" shipped with the
graphics package, argyll and gnome-color-management.  Neither of these are
color pickers.

My go-to color picker is gcolor2 and would highly recommend this one to be
picked for such a task.
I also see that Agave is no longer shipped with the graphics package (silly
IMHO, but I mean no offense) this could also be a realistic option.  I'm
not sure which would be a better selection between Agave and gcolor2 (it
depends on your task).

-Eric Hedekar