ubuntustudio icons

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Tue Jul 24 21:29:40 UTC 2012

On Tue, July 24, 2012 11:29 am, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-07-24 at 22:56 +0530, Shubham Mishra wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 9:51 PM, Len Ovens wrote
>> >Can I do this from the command line? How?
>> [snip]
>> Exporting though can be easily done using the GUI with File>Export
>> Bitmap
>
> I guess Len wish to be able to scale by scripts etc..

There are actually some things that do not import svg images directly. TK
is one of them. I am finding there are also xdg tools ment for installing
icon themes etc that don't deal with svgs either.

Anyway, I use tk/tcl quite a bit for quick gui utilities. I have made
scripts that read the *.desktop file and use the icon as a button to start
that app. It doesn't work if the icon is an SVG.. So I now know how to
save an svg to a temp png file so I can import it for display.

www.OvenWerks.net