ubuntustudio icons

Shubham Mishra mishrashubham2007 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 17:19:56 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 10:16 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote

>Is it easier to do a proper drawing, scan and import it to Inksacpe and
>then to use it as a template or can Inksacpe be used without such a help
>easily? I once saw live art made with Inkscape or something similar, I
>don't think it would be that easy for me to "morph some lines and
>fields". Ok, I should test myself ;).

It all depends on what you are comfortable with. Many people begin
their work directly in Inkscape, while others scan hand drawn pictures
and then go about vectorizing them. Try Inkscape, you'll be surprised
to see how easy it is.

On 7/24/12, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-07-24 at 09:26 -0700, Len Ovens wrote:
>> On Tue, July 24, 2012 8:24 am, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>>
>> > colors even 24x24 (here 28x28) should be ok. But the colors seem to be
>> > important, since the original colors for 24x24 are bad. What color will
>> > the background for the menu become in the future?
>>
>> One way to get around the BG colour issue is to use a semi-sized BG. The
>> reason for clear BG is that the DE uses it to indicate selection. I have
>> put a circle under some of mine (sunburst seems to look best).
>
> Yes, thank you.
>
> Before I finally need to leave home, a last question:
>
> Is it easier to do a proper drawing, scan and import it to Inksacpe and
> then to use it as a template or can Inksacpe be used without such a help
> easily? I once saw live art made with Inkscape or something similar, I
> don't think it would be that easy for me to "morph some lines and
> fields". Ok, I should test myself ;).
>
> Cu,
> Ralf

HAVE A GOOD DAY.