icon-theme

Luke Kuhn lukekuhn at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 23 20:15:01 UTC 2012

I still use a modified version  of the old Hardy-era icons, maintain them myself locally. Back in 2008, when I ran Ubuntustudio Hardy on an old 500MHZ Athlon audio editor/web machine, I used XFCE to speed up Firefox, etc and the original Ubuntustudio theme and icons all worked fine in that era's version of XFCE-looked just like they did in GNOME 2, in fact. Desktop looked a little different due to the differnet layouts of XFCE, that was it. There was one bugfix I also implemented: Reducing the file size of the .SVG icon for mp3 files, as otherwise some of my very large audio directories were very slow to load in Audacity's file browser.

I have added icons as needed to support newer DE environments, the modded versions work fine in GNOME 3, in Unity, in Icewm(my favorite light environment), I am pretty sure I ran them when I did a test install of the current XCFE environment. They even work in a lot of KDE applications. If anyone wants old-style Ubutustudio icons that work in today's distros, I've got them, just give me a place to upload them for you.