ubuntustudio icons

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Jul 23 19:55:41 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-07-23 at 09:19 -0700, Len Ovens wrote:
>  - The icon we use for audio production comes from Aeolus and
>    should be replaced.

I wonder if instead of the notes (US Precise here has got notes) a tape
recorder could do the icon job?
As an example, I guess it's not a free pic:
http://png-1.findicons.com/files//icons/607/evil_dead_movie/128/taperecorder.png and than "Ctrl" + "-" as often as possible, it seems to be borderline.

If I would draw on paper and import it by Inkscape, would it become a
usable SVG file? I'm asking, because I need to visit a friend to scan a
picture. I'm able to draw, but I don't have the needed computer
equipment to do it and I anyway like drawings on paper.

I'll test what happens to the taperecorder.png from the Internet after
importing ;), but perhaps somebody already has experiences and knows
what to take care about.

I dunno if I'll draw an icon or not, I just was thinking about a tape
recorder as a nice icon.

Regards,
Ralf