ubuntustudio icons

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Mon Jul 23 16:19:13 UTC 2012

On Mon, July 23, 2012 2:01 am, Shubham Mishra wrote:

> Btw I am Mish from IRC

Just to confirm, you were willing to help with some graphic kinds of
things? It seems to me we were talking about icons for menus.

The standard for icons seems to be to create them as *.svg and convert
them from there to *.png at the sizes needed. For menu use 24x24 is the
right size and the default size is 48x48, so we should cover those at
least.

The background should be clear. The copyright we have been using is:
licensed under the Creative Commons Legal Code
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
The whole text is in
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntustudio-dev/ubuntustudio-default-settings/UbuntuStudio/view/head:/debian/copyright

 - We need a new icon for a publishing submenu
 - The icon we use for audio production comes from Aeolus and
   should be replaced.
 - Ditto for the sound generators submenu
 - Photography is my sad pixmap. It doesn't size well.
 - midi utilities you can't see (I've attached it) is mine too
 - effects is not ours
 - mixers is not ours
 - video is not ours
 - The icon for our extra install menu items.. I was going to use the
   stock Software Center icon, but if you wish to make a new one feel free.

Do Not feel you have to do them all. If you only do one (start at the top)
it will help. Even if you only get part way through the first one it may
help. This is not an important cycle, we are working towards the next LTS
and the releases in between are more snapshots for those interested. So no
hurry.

Thanks in advance.

Len

www.OvenWerks.net