Graphics apps

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Sun Jul 22 14:29:22 UTC 2012

On Sun, July 22, 2012 6:52 am, óÅÒÇÅÊ äÁ×ÙÄÏ× wrote:
>> If it makes it to Debian we just request sync pretty much... However
>> that
>> is not a decision I can make. I would guess 13.04 for an eta as people
>> seem to have more time in the winter months.
>>

> AFAIK Debian is frozen and does not accept new uploads to testing which
> Ubuntu auto-syncs. So uploading it upstream is not an option at the
> moment.

Right, ok, I don't know how we would get it into ubuntu repos (micahg
might know). There are some ways of installing things that are not on the
live session at the end of install... and I am working on an install after
the fact setup too. For example, our office section comes empty except
gedit and the pdf reader. I want to add a menu item that opens
software-center with libreoffice, abiword and gnumeric so that if the user
wants it they don't have to search. Just opening software center and
searching for "office" makes things a pain to find. If I include the
packages we ship, they can be removed as well. According to the man page I
can add an apt-url as well. I can't really test it on this system though
because your repo is already listed. So gimp-paint-studio already shows if
I list it.

There are some other apps we would like to be able to add like linux
sampler for example that will never be on the ubuntu repos because of
licensing issues. (free but not GPL)

A general question for everyone: Is there anything in ubuntu policy that
prevents us from adding extra PPAs to apt at install time?

www.OvenWerks.net