ERe: help button in our main menu

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Sun Jul 8 21:52:41 UTC 2012

On Sun, July 8, 2012 2:28 pm, Luke Kuhn wrote:

> A very quick and simple fix would be to  copy the content of that web page
> (just save the page in the browser) and drop the resulting file and folder
> from the web page save into a directory somewhere in the OS, then have the
> "help" button point to and open that file in Firefox

I had thought of that, but didn't think it would work. I didn't try it at
the time, but at your suggestion did try it (I don't know everything... or
very much).. It did seem to copy all the graphics, but they don't show up
as they should. Any link goes to the real page at ubuntustudio.org. So it
would require redoing the links at least to make that work. ailo, who did
the original, has all the pieces to make up a disk version and has offered
to do so. He does have other things to do as well. So when is not really
known. In the mean time it will point at our home page. When we have a
disk page, it will point there. On our blue print it will remain
"inprogress" till the disk version is in place.

www.OvenWerks.net