Groups, permisions, work flow

Kaj Ailomaa ailo.at at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 05:00:23 UTC 2012

On 2012-01-25 05:37, David Henningsson wrote:
> If Ubuntu Studio wants to be insecure in that sense, I guess that would
> be okay (to me personally, I can't speak for Ubuntu's security team),
> but I would definitely not have it in the Ubuntu by default.

It is not audio group (or whatever it may be called in the future - the
one jack will use) in itself that gives you realtime prio, so the group
in itself does nothing at all until a certain file is in place in the
file system, right?
It is only upon installing jackd when you are left with the choice of
doing that. And if you do want realtime priv, then you will have to make
this choice nevertheless.