ubuntustudio-default-settings package

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Wed Feb 15 07:16:34 UTC 2012

Hi Scott,

Micahg said to look at the postinst on xubuntu-default-settings on how to
set sessions etc. I also downloaded and pulled apart US package. It looks
like our postinst has been over written by our postrm as they are
identical. Anyway, xubuntu has:

---------------------8<--------------------------
#! /bin/sh

set -e

case "$1" in
  configure|upgrade)
    if [ -x /usr/lib/lightdm/lightdm-set-defaults ] ; then
      /usr/lib/lightdm/lightdm-set-defaults --keep-old --session=xubuntu
|| true
      /usr/lib/lightdm/lightdm-set-defaults --keep-old
--greeter=lightdm-gtk-greeter || true
    fi
    ;;
esac

if [ "$1" = "configure" ] ; then
  update-alternatives --install /etc/lightdm/lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf \
    lightdm-gtk-greeter-config-derivative \
    /etc/xdg/xdg-xubuntu/lightdm/lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf 30
fi
------------------8<---------------------------------

At the top.
The first line sets the default session (xubuntu in this case)
The second sets lightdm to use the file thats there instead of
default.desktop :-)

and the third sets up a link... our file is
/etc/lightdm/ubuntustudio-lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf But we should probably
also move that to
/etc/xdg/xdg-ubuntustudio/lightdm/lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf

I don't know what the 30 is for, it doesn't seem to be file size... and
the path to the backdrop needs to be fixed too.

www.OvenWerks.net