nautilus search function/ how about Nemo?

lukefromdc at hushmail.com lukefromdc at hushmail.com
Wed Dec 19 18:38:34 UTC 2012

Lots of people are ditching Nautilus, the Mint folks called what GNOME did to it a "catastrophe" and forked the Nautilus 3.4 code, calling it Nemo  and taking over mantainance of it. That's what I am using now. If Ubuntu or US uses what GNOME is now shipping in any finished release, I  suspect that will be seriously regretted as online commentators hammer the distro. If Thunat falls short, Nemo works great, doesn't require all of  Cinnamon to use, and is being kept compatable with current libraries.

I think all the mainline distros are going to have do decide if they are for desktops or tablets, or maybe have a version for each. Obviously a media production OS like Ubuntustudio is not going to be installed on mostly desktops,  some laptops, and very few tablets.  The only reason I could ever see it going on a tablet would be to allow the exact same OS on a big production server and a tablet taken out in the field, same as why I have the same OS on desktop and netbook. Never had a tableet myself and don't plan to.