gnome-color-manager

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Sun Aug 19 00:43:53 UTC 2012

On Sat, August 18, 2012 2:54 pm, ttoine wrote:
> Len,
>
> In vanilla Ubuntu, Gnome Color Manager is not installed... So I can't
> launch any gcm-foo command line. Are you sure you it is the same tool as
> in
> vanilla Ubuntu ?

It turns out it is not. Vanilla uses gnome-control-center with a capplet.
gnome-control-center brings a lot of stuff with it and adds itself to
nautilus. A lot of the other settings capplets would be confusing because
they may not work with xfce. It does not look like we can get just the GUI
that vanilla uses. Worse the documentation for what we do have is
scrambled... and not very helpful either. Try to launch:
 gnome-control-center color
It seems that is what they use.

www.OvenWerks.net