Xubuntu and Ubuntu Studio Release Candidate images on ISO tracker

Janne Jokitalo astraljava at kapsi.fi
Sun Apr 22 04:20:19 UTC 2012

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 11:04:22PM -0500, Dan smith wrote:
> > > Downloading as I type.
> > > What's the bug reporting process?  Will I need to be granted access to
> > > anything?  I registered single sign on using draciron at yahoo.com email
> > > address.
> >
> > No need for any further privileges, just sign in on the website as explained
> > in my original email. And it has the link to the process as well, but let me
> > repeat myself:
> >
> > On the site, once logged in, you choose Precise Pre-Release tracking, then
> > whatever image you're interested in testing, then the test case (as we're on
> > Studio's list, you want either the live session or the install directly).
> > Now you should see 'Link to the testcase' link above the results form. From
> > there you can see what things are expected to be tested before the results
> > can be accurately submitted.
> >
> > Thanks for showing interest!
> >
> Sorry about the top posting.  NP, glad to help.  Yep grabbed the studio
> precision ISO, Burned it already will install it on at least 5 machines
> tomorrow.

Good news, thanks! Just for your convenience, if your machines support booting
from USB sticks, it might save you some discs, as it's possible that there are
further re-spins of the images (every once in a while something critical appears
still at this late stage), so if you wanna test again after that, it might make
the process faster. Generally the sessions load much faster, and the install
goes smoother from the sticks, too.

--
Jaska