An early cry for help for testing Release Candidates

Janne Jokitalo astraljava at
Sat Apr 14 19:13:18 UTC 2012

On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 12:46:36PM -0500, Dan smith wrote:
> Excellent. I have a variety of hardware to test on and I also have a
> M-Audio mobilepre and Tascam US-144 to test with as well as a few printers,
> a scanner and other devices.

Very good.

> Quick question, will the repositories be populated? I use a lot of
> different packages and tend to push a machine pretty hard if I have the
> repositories. I can install some stuff from tarballs but dependency hell
> tends to discourage that lol.

I'm not sure I understand your question. You can browse the repos with either
apt-cache on terminal, synaptic GUI, or on web
browser. Of course not every bit of software in the world is there, but it's
pretty big. :)

Best regards,

Jaska (astraljava on