a2jmidid auto start

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Mon Apr 9 07:19:21 UTC 2012

Just tried putting "a2jmidid &" in qjackctl setup as "execute script after
startup". Seems to work really well for me. I don't know if it is worth
while making that a default or not. Not for 12.04 because most of the midi
apps aren't jack. I think there will be a number of people using ardour
and hydrogen... even adding tracker and qtracker and qsynth doesn't need
a2j. But when we add ardour3 that may change.... unless jackd3 adds that
functionality (and gets here by that time).

www.OvenWerks.net