ffmpeg "extra" libs

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Wed Nov 30 23:12:09 UTC 2011

On Wed, November 30, 2011 2:49 pm, Micah Gersten wrote:
> There are possible licensing issues with the "extra" libs which is why
> they are in multiverse.  Applications in main or universe cannot depend
> solely on these binaries.  There should be alternate dependencies in
> place to allow one to choose between the "extra" and regular versions of
> each library.  The regular library has to take preference though.

Ok, how does that affect UbuntuStudio? Does it mean the extra libs can not
be included in the desktop-common? does it mean we should have the user's
permission or request before loading them? or just that we have to work
around the preference? We already don't ask if the user wants them or not
BTW.

www.OvenWerks.net