Ubuntu ISO Testing team: New build notification

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Tue Nov 29 23:05:16 UTC 2011

On Tue, November 29, 2011 8:00 am, qatracker at stgraber.org wrote:
> A new build of Ubuntu Studio Alternate i386 is ready for testing!
> Version: 20111129.1
> Link: http://91.189.93.73/qatracker/milestones/205/builds/7263/testcases
>
> Testcases:
>    - Install (auto-resize)
>    - Install (entire disk with encryption)
>    - Install (entire disk)
>    - Install (manual partitioning) i386
>
> Build notes:
> None

Going to the page with instructions for testing shows a proceedure that
will not work with UStudio. The instructions assume that once the install
starts everything else will just happen. There is no mention of the jackd
question or the workflow selection or the confirmation of the fonts
licence. or for that matter the network setup. These are all places where
there are more than one install option and where one choice is more likely
to give a failure than another. For example choosing no work flows will
mean the image will install and as far as I know (unless things have
changed) choosing all of them will fail.

Which way would you like me to test this iso?

Also, is there any reason to test case two (encrypted disk)? It would seem
to me that this would slow down disk access for things like streaming
multi-tracks. Therefore, if I did test it, I would test it with a graphic
workflow where it might make sense.

www.OvenWerks.net