/etc/init.d/rtirq status

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Tue Nov 29 04:51:14 UTC 2011

On Mon, November 28, 2011 1:55 pm, Gerhard Lang wrote:
> Is the following entry in your /etc/default/grub?
>
> GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="threadirqs"
>
> in kernels >2.8 you can activate  rtirq  with this  boot option.

Ok, I tried some different things:

~$ sudo apt-get install rtirq-init
[sudo] password for len:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
rtirq-init is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.

So that was already there...

/etc/default/grub:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash threadirqs"

then:

grub-install /dev/sdb
-> reboot
-># sudo /etc/init.d/rtirq status

  PID CLS RTPRIO  NI PRI %CPU STAT COMMAND
    3 TS       -   0  19  0.1 S    ksoftirqd/0
    9 TS       -   0  19  0.0 S    ksoftirqd/1

Same thing as before... do I need to do:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash" "threadirqs"

maybe?

www.OvenWerks.net