dialy build

Scott Lavender scottalavender at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 17:56:04 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 1:28 AM, Len Ovens <len at ovenwerks.net> wrote:
> Downloaded and tried nov7 (latest)
>
> First selected all package sets.
>
> Install failed... seems a lot of our codec packages (libavcodec-extra-53
> for example) have to have 0.7.2-1ubuntu1 gone.. does ubuntu1 need to be
> deselected? I didn't save the log before I tried a second time...
>
> Second time I tried selecting no package sets (workflows) but still got this:
>
> "Nov  9 06:55:24 in-target: The following packages have unmet dependencies:
> Nov  9 06:55:24 in-target:  ubuntustudio-desktop : Depends:
> tango-con-theme-common but it is not installable
> Nov  9 06:55:24 in-target:                         Recommends:
> screensaver-default-images but it is not installable"
>
> I think that part was there the first time too along with the other
> problem above.
>
> As a side note, apt takes forever to download its files and set up. I
> could just not connect to network I guess. But my point is that the
> default for anyone in Canada seems to be all one server and it is quite
> slow. I always end up setting up to a US server to get some speed. Setting
> by country doesn't make sense... Seattle is closer than Toronto for
> example.
>
> Anyway, probably not something this project can fix anyway.
>

> Len
> --
> Len Ovens
> www.OvenWerks.net

hi len,

firstly i want to thank you for your initiative to test!  that's
bloody amazing, mate :)

i do not know if this specifically addresses the problem you are
having but i am aware of a library that is in a transitional stage
that is probably affecting ubuntu studio at some level.  the package
is ia32-lib and i believe it is changing how it is built regarding
multi-arch, although there is a good chance that i do not fully
understand it completely.

for example, there is an automated email from colin watson that shows...
ubuntustudio-meta 0.90 produces uninstallable binaries:
 * ubuntustudio-desktop (amd64 i386)
 * ubuntustudio-font-meta (amd64 i386)
 * ubuntustudio-graphics (amd64 i386)

so at this time it would appear that the daily images are indeed uninstallable.

the ia32-lib issue is a pervasive problem but i would expect there is
a comprehensive approach to solving it.

checking the email list for a message from colin watson is an easy way
to verify if any uninstallable packages have been built and to gauge
their severity.

i hope everyone finds this information useful, but please do not
hesitate to ask further questions.

scottl