Workflow Meeting

Jon Reagan jreagan90 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 12:50:48 UTC 2011

Hey everyone!

As mentioned in the IRC meeting held yesterday, a meeting needs to be
scheduled regarding workflows, a method of allowing users to select
which packages are installed by their personal needs at first install.

See this wiki page for the existing info on workflows:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/Workflows

While packages in the alternate CD could be installed by groups
(audio, graphics, etc.), with workflows we are looking at increasing
user choice and package completeness by dividing up the applications
into tasks, such as podcasting, songwriting, etc.  It should be noted
that we are attempting to be conservative in the number of workflows
that we produce, especially for the first release.  As such, we will
be focusing solely on the tasks we want to include with Ubuntu Studio
12.04.  At this point, we will be focusing only on defining which
tasks to focus on, not all the necessary applications that will go
into the individual workflows.

CJ Watson has been contacted about workflows and is expecting a
decision on which tasks we will be including in Ubuntu Studio for
12.04, so we will need to reach a decision by next weekend.  This is
an important step, as the next release will be a LTS, this time
supported for five years.  We will need to schedule a meeting to
discuss the workflows and make a decision soon.  What time during this
week would work for everyone to hold a meeting to discuss this?

All the best,

Jon