Ubuntu Studio Contributor Meeting

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Sun Nov 6 16:50:19 UTC 2011

> 10:08 < holstein> i did some dual-head testing though, in XFCE
> 10:09 < holstein> if someone has dual-head and would like to
> test/confirm... i plan on trying it with some other cards (like
>                   nvidia)
> 10:09 < holstein> the one im testing on now is a well supported intel card
> 10:10 < holstein> GridLock in #xubuntu suggested the package 'arandr' and
> that is working like a champ for me

I have an nvidia (no money to replace) that already has issues single
head. It does have other outputs (NTSC ... Never Twice the Same Colour?)
do they dual head when plugged in? Or do I need another V card? I may have
an older V card (pci) I can use. It is a (now older) P4 1G ram thing. D66
sound ES1370 midi (sound not used) Intel onboard sound turned off in bios.
I installed a second drive in there for testing new installs (did 11.10)
So I can do some testing when the builds stop saying "unistallable"
packages found.

I also have a netbook that can dual head (aspire) no extra audio outboard
just the internal crap. Sounds usable for playing around with external
preamp though. I have an old 40G drive in a USB case I can boot from on
that.

I am willing to test on both machines if that will help. I may need some
instruction on what I am testing. I have done some programing in the past
(C, perl, bash, tcl/tk) but I would have to relearn even to do much with
that. I am still learning the debian/ubuntu system files being more used
to Slackware.

I live on the west coast and the Sunday meetings are not within my free
time. I do follow the IRC logs though.

www.OvenWerks.net