Ubuntu Studio 11.10 Oneiric artwork brainstorming/discussion

Scott Lavender scottalavender at gmail.com
Mon May 23 23:08:19 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 5:23 PM, C K <coryisatm at gmail.com> wrote:

> SIDE NOTE: Can someone send me a screenshot of a Nautilus window using
> our current (Natty) GTK/Metacity themes? I'm gonna cut the Metacity
> theme out for a XFWM theme.
>

> --
> -Cory K.

Cory, done.

I like the simplicity and the etch design.  I like the etched concept,
especially when I think of it in stone or granite, it gives a sense of
stability, strength, and vast, earthshaking power just under the surface.
Some potent undercurrent waiting to be tapped.

Kokito, would that be something we could incorporate into the banner for the
website?  The words "Ubuntu Studio" etched into granite or similar instead
of the "blob" image, I've never liked any of the blob images.

I like the Faenza icons too.  Will we be able to use the gray icons with our
color theme?  I wouldn't mind minimizing the blue, if not removing it all
together.  But I'm not dead set about removing the blue, so if others like
it I won't fight it.

ScottL