US website theme RFC & request for screenshots

Jorge G. Mare jorge.g.mare at gmail.com
Mon May 9 01:06:57 UTC 2011

Howdy,

On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 4:23 PM, C K <coryisatm at gmail.com> wrote:
> A few questions. On the logo text, are you using the ubuntu font or
> our SVG logo? Reason I ask is because the kerning is different between
> the two, Its tighter on the SVG.
>
> Also, the tagline under the logo is
> not our official "Let Your Creativity Fly" or "..." damn there was
> another. :P Anyway, a new tagline is totally up for discussion. :)

I just followed the original tagline and "let my creativity fly" :)

Consider both the logo and tagline as placeholders. They can
eventually be replaced with whatever is decided to be the official
logo and/or tagline for the next release (just FYI, the current logo
is a combination of the US graphic signature -- which tbh I don't
remember where I got from -- with text using the Ubuntu font; the text
is not an image, so the kerning may not be exact and I suppose it may
even render differently depending on the browser/resolution/etc.;
eventually, we will have to use an image for the logo).

Cheers,

Jorge